Mama&Kids Baby Shampoo Freiche for Face and Body Refill 460ml
Goodbaby Rainforest Animal Anti-Bacterial Cotton Gauze Bamboo Soft Muslin Swaddle
Goodbaby Madagascar Anti-Bacterial Cotton Gauze Bamboo Soft Muslin Swaddle
Discover How to Use a Cotton or Bamboo Swaddle to Keep Baby Comforted and Calm
Bath time with your little one is a special time for both of you. Baby loves your gentle and massaging touch, the warmth of the water, and bonding with mom. Bathing your little one has also evolved, with new ways of using age-old techniques to help the baby feel safe, calm and comforted, and make your life easier.
For example, have you heard of swaddle immersion bathing? This innovative way of soothing your baby involves keeping them swaddled in the water while you wash them. You can use any soft, thin fabric, including a light baby blanket, a baby bath towel, or a cotton or bamboo swaddle.
Why Swaddle With a Baby Blanket or Baby Wrap?
There’s a good reason why mothers have been swaddling their little ones for as long as we can remember; baby loves it, and you will too. Here’s why:
- Baby feels and stays calmer: The swaddling sensation of being touched or hugged helps prevent a baby’s natural startle reflex, helping them feel and stay calm. In addition, by swaddling your little one in a hands-over heart position, you are also helping them self-soothe.
- Faster and more enjoyable bathing and changing: A relaxed and happy baby means a smoother bath and changing process, with less stress for you and your little one.
- Baby sleeps better and longer, and so do you: By mimicking the comforting feel of your womb, swaddling enhances your baby’s quality and length of sleep, also helping you get some much-needed rest.
- Keeps baby safer: Swaddling at bedtime helps your baby stay on their back and reduces the need for toys, pillows, bumpers and blankets in the crib, helping protect the baby from SIDS.
Now that you know why and when to swaddle, including during bath time, how do you do it?
How to Use Swaddle Immersion With a Baby Bath Towel or Wrap
The method is simple:
- Before bathing, swaddle your baby loosely in a light blanket, wrap or baby bath towel.
- Although swaddling may seem complicated, with some practice, you’ll soon be able to do it easily and quickly:
- Start by spreading the wrap or blanket on a flat, soft surface like a baby quilt, arranging it into a diamond shape, with the bottom corner facing you.
- To create a triangle shape, fold the top corner of the diamond down.
- Place baby on the triangle with their feet pointing towards you and their shoulder just below the top fold.
- Now place your little one’s right, slightly bent arm next to their body. Next, place the same side of the swaddle over the baby’s right arm and body and tuck the edge under.
- Now fold the bottom corner of the diamond up over your little one’s feet and behind their shoulder.
- To complete the swaddle, place the other side of the fabric over your baby’s left arm and body.
- Now that your little one is loosely wrapped, place them into the baby tub up to their shoulder.
- You are now ready to wash your baby by freeing each limb individually for soaping and rinsing and then re-swaddling that arm or leg.
By remaining swaddled, your baby feels warmer and comforted throughout. A calmer, happier and more confident mom and baby often mean easier changing, feeding and sleeping.
Always remember to wrap loosely using only one layer, keep your baby on their back when swaddled, and support them in the water. Also, once your baby can roll over on their own, it’s time to stop swaddling.
Why Choose Our Soft Bamboo Muslin Swaddle?
Our delightful Goodbaby Anti-Bacterial Cotton Gauze Bamboo Soft Muslin Swaddles offer the following:
- Natural, breathable material: With a 40 by 40 thread count and made from 70 percent bamboo rayon and 30 percent cotton gauze, our swaddle is kind to baby’s skin, easy to wrap, dries fast and helps minimise any risk of overheating.
- Perfectly sized: Our bamboo muslin wraps are 120 by 120 centimetres, ideal for fitting baby into the triangle for swaddling.
- Adorable patterns: Choose from our gorgeous yellow and purple Rainforest Animal print or pink and blue Madagascar options for practical, convenient and appealing bath or bedtime swaddling. You might also like our lovely 100 percent classic cotton gauze muslin swaddles in a pink and green Fruit or blue and green Forest Animal print.
- Versatile value: Use your wraps to swaddle, as a changing pad or stroller cover, tummy time blanket, or burp cloth.
You’ll also love our highly absorbent cotton gauze baby muslin washcloths or soft bamboo muslin washcloths. Use these beautifully soft cloths for washing baby, at feeding time as a baby bib or to protect your clothes, as diaper towels or even as pillows.
More About Little But Chic
Our wide range of premium imported mum, baby and children’s products provide long-lasting value combined with timeless style for discerning moms and babies. Our carefully selected items tend to be made of natural materials, gentle on the skin, and, like our baby bath towels and kids’ latex pillow range, naturally hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial.
We also offer gift wrapping with an individualised gift tag on most items, physical and digital gift cards, and free shipping for orders over AUS$69.
So, spoil your little angel, yourself or another mom, baby or toddler you love with something from our practical and appealing range. Order online today or get in touch with us with any questions.